A little about me:
- I’m 24-years-old (though when asked how old I am I still think of myself as 23 and need to remind myself that this is wrong, wrong, wrong, darnit!). I graduated from Emerson College in 2011 with a BFA in Writing, Literature, and Publishing, a dream of becoming a freelance copyeditor, an appreciation for Asian cuisine, and a fond opinion of the slang term “dime piece”.
- I currently live in the most beautiful state in America – for those that have a different opinion than I do on this matter, I’m referring to New Hampshire – and I affectionately refer to my home as “The Shire”. Also living at The Shire are my two parents, my sister, her fiance, my adorable nephew, and our three cats. The Shire is always bustlin’!
- I’m partial to odd numbers, my favorite being the number five. My least favorite number is four, followed by the number two; hence my dissatisfaction with being 24 (as noted above) and my excitement about eventually turning 25.
- I have an irrational (according to some) fear of dinosaurs and don’t totally buy the line about them being extinct. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, when there’s a loud bang outside, instead of first thinking it’s my neighbor’s garage door closing (pure speculation, by the way), I instead assume that it’s a T-Rex making its way down my road to peer in my window before eventually devouring me and my entire family.
- In the summer, I usually eat an entire watermelon for breakfast, and then again for lunch if I really feel like living on the edge.
- I love to hike! I’m in love with the openness of the woods, the freedom I feel when I move my body forward up the trail towards the summit and the (hopefully) beautiful views that await me, and the tiredness I feel in my muscles after a day well spent in the wild. I started hiking after graduating college and since then, I just can’t seem to get enough of it, and the mountains are where I prefer to spend most of my time.
- If you need to get in touch with me between the months of March and August, 2014, you better look for me in the woods, because I’ll be hiking the Appalachian Trail.
Ta-ta for now 🙂